Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Big Sis

Big Sis

Dedicated to my big sister Lauren
You're the best, and I'm proud of you for all you do.

Your color was pink, or was it sparkly pink?
Either way, mine was too.
If you only knew
How cool you were then,
I'd give anything to be just like you.
And when you were with your friends,
I was sure to be outside your door.
Sitting, listening, waiting for you;
Ears perked, I sat silently,
All to hear more.
You'd talk and you'd play
Nearly all day, brother sitting outside your door.

Yet on you played, as I laid, silently there on the floor.
Peeking through the crack 'neath your door,
Never wanting to let you be,
Waiting for big sis to come play with me.



2 comments:

  1. This brings tears to my heart, but in a good way.
    da momma

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sparkly pink. It was definitely sparkly pink.

      ... and still is ;-)

      Love you!!!

      Delete