Wednesday, January 25, 2012

2 for '12 - Morgantown, WV

Wheelie a Motorcycle: Check.

If it is going to be 60 degrees in January (insert Al Gore/global warming joke here), I may as well get out on the bike. Emboldened by declaring my bucket list to the world (insert joke about my actual number of readers here), I decided it was time to cross off my second item.

 Just two days earlier, my attempts to wheelie had been foiled by a snapped clutch cable and an embarrassing ride home on a motorcycle stuck in second gear. Today I would not be stopped. Again emboldened, this time by my ability to replace the clutch cable, I set out to a deserted parking lot at the edge of town.

"And....?" You might wonder. Nothing spectacular. Unlike skydiving, this is one of those been-there-done-that bucket list items, and I'm ready to leave it in the dust. In all my adventures, I do my best to mitigate risks. Having wheelie'd, consider the bucket list item checked and the desire to wheelie gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment