Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Travelers Torture: Rollaboarding


Ok, drawing a connection between waterboarding and a roll-aboard may be a bit extreme, but I'm not happy about either of them. American travelers are addicted to wheeled luggage. I am officially making public my vendetta against the clicky-clack, standard-black roll-aboard. I'm declaring war against the masses of mindless travelers with roll-aboards in tow.

My guerrilla tactics have been rendered ineffective by the sheer number of roll-aboard travelers. I can only flip so many roll-aboards when I "accidentally get my foot rolled over." I can't fight the good fight alone. I'm calling on you to join the fight. While we may not be able to flip all of the roll-aboards, maybe we can start a revolution and turn back the clocks to a time when a simple weekender bag was the only way to travel. 

Declare independence from rigid, wheeled carry-ons that take up all of the overhead room. Take back the space at the bottom of your luggage that your roll-aboard frame has taken from you. Free yourself from boring-black-boxy luggage. Silence the clack-clack-clack of wheel on tile.

Join my ranks and reap the rewards. Once the enemy is eliminated, I promise you that your soft-cased weekender duffel will fit easily into the overhead. No cramming, no jamming, no gate checking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment